Interesting that this is coming from CNN –
A growing number of Americans believe that top White House officials ordered the IRS to target conservative political groups, according to a new CNN/ORC International survey.
In May, only 37% of the public thought that the IRS controversy led to the White House, with 55% saying that agency officials acted on their own without direct orders from Washington. Today, that number has increased 10 points, to 47%, virtually the same as the 49% who believe the IRS agents acted on their own.
Congressional sources say that interviews with IRS workers so far have found no political conspiracy or ties to top White House officials.
The poll was conducted June 11-13, with 1,014 adults nationwide questioned by telephone. The survey’s overall sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points.
From Jay Leno 5-21-2013
The White House admitted President Obama’s chief of staff had advance warning that the IRS was targeting conservative groups. President Obama says the first time he heard about the IRS and AP scandals was from the media. See, that’s why President Obama holds press conferences. It’s not to explain what’s going on. It’s to find out what’s going on.
Do you remember when Hogan’s Heroes was a hit and each week we laughed at adorable Sgt Schultz as he said “I know nothing”?
In a fictional character who seemed to have a heart of gold, way deep down, it was humorous.
But when it comes to a President, a US Attorney General and the Commissioner of the IRS – “I don’t know” and “I don’t remember” just are not humorous or endearing. It is downright irritating and could turn out to be illegal. Either these people all think they are nothing but figure heads and have no real responsibility other than smiling for the camera and spending our tax money. Or, they are hiding things and think we’re too gullible and stupid to push for the answers.
What do you think is the problem??
Jay was at it again last night – and will likely have material for a while —
The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
- This week will mark the 37th time House Republicans have tried to repeal Obamacare. If Republicans really wanted to do away with Obamacare they should just endorse it as a conservative non-profit and let the IRS take it down.
- President Obama announced the appointment of a new acting commissioner of the IRS — the other guy was fired. See, they’re called “acting commissioner” because you have to act like the scandal doesn’t involve the White House.
- A lot of critics are now comparing President Obama to President Nixon. The good news for Obama? At least he’s no longer being compared to President Carter.
- It has not been a good week for President Obama. You’ve got Benghazi, the IRS scandal, this AP records scandal, and, worst of all, his Chicago Bulls got eliminated by the Miami Heat. Do you know what that means? LeBron James is going to get audited by the IRS.
You know things are bad in Washington when even Jay Leno is making jokes about Obama and scandals…
From Jay Leno May 15, 2013
The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
- This week marks the 40th anniversary of the Watergate hearings. For those of you too young to remember, back then the administration had an enemies list. They were spying on reporters, and they used the IRS to harass groups they didn’t like. Thank God those days are gone forever.
- A lot of critics are comparing President Obama to President Richard Nixon, which is unfair. Nixon’s unemployment rate was only 5 percent.
- This whole IRS thing has become a huge story. They apparently were targeting conservative groups like the tea party. You know it’s bad when President Obama says, “Hey, why don’t we talk about Benghazi?”